We are still Vasbyting, there has just been a date change. There’s not much we really want to tell you apart from the necessaries so what follows is the When, some of the What and the all important How Much.
Nothing for you to do then but get out there and train. No Googling, no route scouting, no phoning a friend who lives there. Just book the time off work and know that an adventure is on its way.
Applications for entries open 10th August 2017.
The event will take place in the Western Cape. The start / finish will be kept secret and released at the last possible moment. This is to ensure you arrive on the start line with NO idea of what is ahead.
If you live in the Western Cape, you will drive. If you live elsewhere, you will drive further but you do not need to budget for more than a day traveling.
- Sunday 5th Nov – Register, TA box hand in, Start
- Sunday 5th Nov – Friday 10th Nov – Expedition
- Saturday 11th Nov – Prize giving breakfast
- Entry details
- 4 person mixed teams
- Expedition race credentials vital – only experienced teams will be accepted
- 10 teams only
- R5,000 per person = R20,000 per team
- Applications to enter open 10th August 2017
- Navigation – 1:50 000 maps
- Mountain Biking
- Rope work – unaided
- Distance / Race time
- The event is time based rather than distance based.
- A course will be set for teams to tackle with the intention that lead teams will complete the course in 5 – 5 ½ days
- Slower teams will also be out on the course for 5 ½ – 6 days
- The winning team will have covered the most distance in the fastest time – but this is NOT a rogaine style race.
- Transitions / support
- No support crew needed
- No supporters allowed out on the course
- Mandatory Equipment – will be updated on the website. The list will include the standard AR stuff
- Boats – will be provided, you will need to bring your own paddles
- Rope work – exact requirements to be confirmed