The nature of the web requires that one site links to others and they link to others and they link to others… and so the web is created. These links will guide you though to sites of relevance to adventure racing and its related disciplines. Happy surfing.
A few adventure racing teams now have their own websites. They include:
- Lickety Split
- Merrell Adventure Addicts
- Pennypinchers Adventure Racing Team
- WDAC Racing
Adventure racing clubs
There are a number of adventure racing clubs, most in the mojor centres. Visit their websites for details on events, activities and social gatherings.
- Adventure Racing Club, Johannesburg
- Assitport Adventure Racing, Johannesburg
- Tshwane Adventure Racing Club, Pretoria
Magazines that regularly support adventure racing
You’ll spot adventure racing articles in printed media occasionally. These magazines listed below regularly support adventure racing by publishing frequent articles on the sport and events.
- GoMulti, multidiscipline magazine, bi-monthly
- Do It Now, multidiscipline magazine, (free print and online options)
- Runner’s World SA, running mag
Websites for related disciplines
Adventure racing is a hodge-podge of many disciplines, the primary ones being running, mountain biking, paddling and orienteering. These sites should keep you in the loop.
- TrailRunning.co.za, trail running events website
- Runner’s World magazine, running information and event listings
- RunnersGuide, event listings (related to Tom Cotrell’s Guide)
- Ultradistance.co.za, listing of South African ultradistance running events
- Fixing Your Feet, a fabulous website edited and maintained by John Vonhof, ‘The Foot Guy’
- www.ULTRAmarathonRunning.com – superb international ultra running resource (on and off road; events and articles)
- Ndorfin, multi-sport adventure calendar
- Dirty Boots, annual print publication (handy DL size) of SA adventure activities & destinations (and web)
- SA Orienteering Federation, with links to clubs
- International Rogaine Federation, for information on rogaine and international links
- Canoeing South Africa, paddle disciplines, unions and such
- Cycling South Africa – mtb calendar
- Gravity & White Water Training for kayak and white water training and events
- On The Edge, a community for South Africa outdoor and adventure enthusiasts to connect and communicate directly with each other no matter what thier discipline.
International adventure racing news and event coverage
The number of adventure racing website has grown in recent years but many are not that informative. Luckily, a few dynamic sites exist. These have up-to-date content, live online race coverage and news on international happenings. Check ’em out.