Every year the Wits Orienteering Club organises the annual festive event – it’s often a mixed bag of fun, novelty courses. Last week they gave me a buzz and asked, “Can we do something this year using a Metrogaine format?”. Of course! As I haven’t had an open week to plan a Metrogaine event for you before year-end, this is a wonderful partnership that also sees these experienced and capable youth getting into this type of course planning.
Here are course highlights:
- Start and finish at Zoo Lake.
- The route incorporates two big parks and the suburbs in between them.
- A 1h30 course option only (you can, of course, come back early – just don’t be late!).
- A kiddies course at Zoo Lake, which you can do with your children after your run (or they can do while you’re out).
- Daylight! This is a morning event. It’s a beautiful time of year and you’ll be running through pretty suburbs and parks.
Your entry fee is R20 PLUS an item to fill a Santa Shoebox Project box. You bring the items, we’ll assemble these age-specific boxes.
Please pre-register online. We will only print maps for registered entrants and this will also speed up registration on the morning.
My thanks to Sarah, Stephanie and Christie from WITSOC for getting the ball rolling on this. They’re doing most of the planning and map drawing.
I look forward to seeing you on the morning of Sat, 30 November for this fun ‘n festive event.